Engineering Programs

John Carroll University students interested in pursuing a career in engineering have a number of options. Students wishing to obtain a focused engineering degree in a particular field may participate in the Dual Degree 3-2 Program with Case Western Reserve University. The Case School of Engineering offers degrees in Aerospace Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Polymer Science and Engineering, and Systems and Control Engineering. John Carroll University has an articulation agreement with Case Western Reserve University that ensures a smooth transition between the two schools. In this program, students attend JCU for three years and then transfer to CWRU for two years; they receive a bachelor’s degree (either B.A. or B. S.) from John Carroll and a engineering from CWRU. The program is open to any student who completes the prerequisite courses (in mathematics, physics, chemistry, computer science) and maintains an overall 3.0 GPA and a 3.0 GPA in science and mathematics courses. Students who are interested in this program should contact the Department of Chemistry or the Department of Physics as early as possible.

Another option is to complete a B.S. at John Carroll in Engineering Physics and then pursue further specialization by entering an engineering school for a master’s degree in a particular field of engineering.

Students who are interested in either option may start taking engineering courses while at John Carroll through the Northeast Ohio Commission on Higher Education Cross-Registration Program.