Standards of Academic Progress

Students receiving financial aid funded by the state government or by the Federal government (Federal Stafford Unsubsidized Loan, Federal PLUS loan, and TEACH Grant, among others) as well as John Carroll University funding, must conform to the University’s standards as outlined below. These guidelines encourage students to successfully complete courses for which aid is received. These financial aid standards of academic progress are separate from and in addition to academic standards required by the University for continued enrollment. In order to receive financial aid at John Carroll, a student must be enrolled, be making satisfactory progress toward graduation, and remain in good academic standing. All students receiving financial aid will be reviewed at the end of each semester.