Students who have been absent from the University and do not have a valid or current Leave of Absence Form on file must formally apply for readmission to John Carroll University.

To apply, students should complete and submit the Application for Re-admission. Students who have attended other colleges or universities are required to provide the following:

  • Official transcripts from each school attended. Official transcripts must be mailed directly to John Carroll from each college or university (we are unable to accept hand-delivered transcripts). Failure to report collegiate-level attendance at any institution will make a student liable for immediate dismissal.
  • Completed Transfer Reference Form if attendance elsewhere was full-time.

All readmission students are held to degree and curricular requirements in force at the time of their readmission to the University unless they are granted special approval by Academic Advising.